One is so good, it removes years of stains in just a few days
It’s no secret that many people want whiter teeth. We know about the common culprits for a less than white smile—coffee, tea, red wine, and blueberries—but even tomato sauce, fruit juices, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar can stain teeth. The goal is to be able to enjoy these simple pleasures while still maintaining a confident smile. For those who don’t have the time or access to in-office teeth whitening, at-home whitening has become a common addition to their self-care routines.
At-home teeth whitening started to become popular in the 80s. Formulas were and still are mostly peroxide-based, but technology has come a long way over the last 40 years. There are an abundance of whitening toothpastes, mouth rinses, strips, gels, trays, but the technology that is making waves most recently is the LED light device.
LED whitening technology works by applying a thin layer of whitening gel over your teeth and wearing a LED light-emitting mouthpiece for 10-15 minutes to activate the peroxide and speed up the whitening process. It is a safe and effective method for at-home teeth whitening—and people are having amazing results! However, please note that no whitening treatment works on crowns or other artificial tooth structures.
While we can’t tell you what is the best kit for you, we did the hard work of putting together a group of 15 dental hygienists who tested several LED whitening kits for 30 days. The top 5 performing kits are ranked below. If in doubt, be sure to speak with your dentist about the best whitening treatment for you.
#1 Polar MD Professional Teeth Whitening
- Efficacy: 98% of our testers reported whiter teeth in a few days
- Safety: Least teeth sensitivity out of all kits we tested
- Efficacy: 79% of our testers reported whiter teeth
- Price: $65
- Safety: 20% of our testers reported teeth sensitivity
- Efficacy: 75% of our testers reported whiter teeth
- Price: $49
- Safety: 30% of our testers reported teeth sensitivity
#4 Hi Smile
- Efficacy: 65% of our testers reported whiter teeth
- Price: $150
- Safety: 35% of our testers reported teeth sensitivity
#5 i Smile
- Efficacy: 60% of our testers reported whiter teeth
- Price: $39.99
- Safety: 40% of our testers reported teeth sensitivity
There are hundreds of teeth whitening kits to choose from, but our top pick has to be Polar MD Professional Teeth Whitening. Our testers had similar results as in-office whitening but without the expensive price tag and the inconvenience of having to go to the dentist. They also found the whitening formula to cause less sensitivity when compared to other formulas. Polar MD is offering 50% off, making it even more affordable to get the smile of your dreams.